Blogs seem to be the way to go nowadays when it comes to keeping people up to date about the new additions. I will also be putting together a site on PhotoBucket.com to allow for more picture sharing and video sharing. I always use to give people a hard time when their Facebook accounts turned completely over to their children, and I will probably be much worse. Never blogged before, so this should be interesting......
The Waiting Game. One of the more stressful games that I have ever played. There are so many different emotions running through your head during this time and it's hard to keep them straight. It seems to be a constant battle between happiness and fear. Being our first child, we haven't the slightest clue what to expect when it comes to anything. How often are they going to get up at night? What do the different cries mean? Are there going to be any complications during the pregnancy? There are so many questions and situations that your head will explode trying to go through them all. All I know is that the baby room is set up with what I "think" is everything that we need. I'm pretty sure that I'll be heading back to Target within 24 hours of bringing her home to get something small that we need.
I think it all started with Leah going into false labor on Saturday. My whole mindset changed to where I was SO excited for this to happen. It wasn't meant to be on that day and it took a couple days to get my head back straight to where I was just waiting again. It's almost as if God is testing you to see what kind of reaction you're going to have when it happens. I guess I passed the exam on the first go around. We will see what happens next time around.
I'm a planner, and this whole "having a baby" situation is really putting a wrench into my planning. I have been slowly accepting the fact that I will no longer be able to plan anything, and that's fine with me. I've accepted the fact that maybe I can have a general idea of how I would like things to go, but have the flexibility to handle the situation if it deviates from the norm. Our lives are going to deviate greatly from the norm that we have gotten used to.
It's definitely a weird feeling when you are just waiting for your life to change this much. I don't have the slightest clue as to what it's going to be like, but I couldn't be more excited. I feel we're ready to take that next step, we're just waiting........

You will figure everything out quickly. Just remember dont sweat the small stuff and enjiy every second
ReplyDeleteBeen there! :) Let me tell you that when your baby arrives, you are instantly a professional at everything you were once concerned about. Before the baby, you are worried about when and how to do everything. When the baby arrives, you just know! It's pretty amazing! Congratulations!
ReplyDeletePS - Anonymous was Kristin Martin (Judson) :)
ReplyDeleteScott and Leah, you have entered into a brand new area of life that cannot be explained in words. The experience is what causes the touch in your hearts. Be patient with those who have not had the experience, as they may say or react in ways that you will question. However, they are innocent, as they have not had the experience, nor the touch of bearing a child. I am so happy for you both. Emma is beautiful and is a part of you both, yet, she is her own. A wonder and marvel of life.
ReplyDelete